Yet another song I've changed the words to.
There's this guy at my church who has a fantastic voice and I'd love to sing with him. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be too much out there in the way of religious music for male/female duet, short of "The Prayer."
So, here I am, changing around words again. This is a rewording for the song "There For Me," originally sung by Josh Groban and Sarah Brightman, written by Angelo La Bionda, Carmelo La Bionda and Charly Ricanek (this guy I want to sing with sounds a bit like Josh but I have to admit I sound NOTHING like Sarah. Oh well). As always, I'm not trying to steal anything from anybody or yada yada, simply taking music I like and adding words that will actually allow me to use it.
Here's a link to Josh and Sarah on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtoNpI3gq-c
And here are my words:
Her:
There for me, Father, everywhere I go
Will you be there for me, will your love for me always grow?
Your child I long to be; you’re the only truth I know
Will you be there for me?
Whatever life shall give, in brightest joy or deepest pain
Please help me learn to live, will rainbows always follow rain?
I need you close to me, so close to me
Just hold me!
Him:
Lord of all, I lift my eyes up to the hills,
Come into my heart and show me how to do your will.
The road is long and lonely; I can’t find my way all on my own
Please lead me home.
Both:
Will you be there for me, whenever I lose my way
Will you be there for me, walking with me every day
Will you abide with me, do you hear each word I pray,
Will you be there for me?
Her:
I need you close to me, so close to me
Stay near me!
Him:
I know that you promised that you always would be mine
And that you’d be with us ‘til the end of time
Now I know you’re near us through the shadows of the darkest night
And bringing light!
Both:
Will you be there for me, Lord I need to feel your touch
Oh please be there for me, I long to hear your voice so much
I now have faith to see your child I will always be
And you’ll be there for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment